Hansville Greenway West Campaign
Efforts are underway to purchase an incredible 100 acres of natural area adjacent to the Hansville Greenway! Great Peninsula Conservancy, the Hansville Greenway Association, and Hansville community members are leading this project. This opportunity to purchase land will ensure permanent preservation of important wildlife habitat and vital open space and reduce development pressure. It will allow restoration of the land, connect neighborhoods, expand hiking opportunities, and help protect the environment for future generations. The expected closing date of this purchase is January 31, 2022.
Your Help is Needed!
This is your chance to make a difference and save 100 acres! Due to development pressure, the opportunity to protect this land won’t come along again. To succeed, please make your generous donation today.
The campaign seeks to raise $2,150,000 by January 15, 2022. The funds will cover the land purchase, administrative costs, a stewardship reserve to ensure for the long-term care of the property, and funds to begin improving the habitat quality of the land. The campaign involves two phases:
- Phase I (COMPLETED): 84% of the funds ($1,800,000) were secured in pledges from community members on November 17th.
- Phase II: By January 15th, we need to collect all pledges and secure the remaining $350,000 to complete the purchase at $2,150,000.
With Phase I complete, the campaign is open to all donations! If you have made a pledge, please send your donation today.
Great Peninsula Conservancy
423 Pacific Ave., Ste #300
Bremerton, WA 98337
Earmark Hansville Greenway West
GPC Broker: Morgan Stanley
DTC #: 0015; Acct #: 860-105605
Broker Contact: Bruce Bennett
Contact Phone: (360) 613-1974.
In Person:Friday, December 3rd and Saturday, December 4th volunteers will be stationed at the Greater Hansville Community Center (6778 Buck Lake Road NE) to receive donations from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Donations can be made on our website. Please consider adding 3% to your contribution to cover credit card fees.
- Acquire 100 acres of land to extend protection of natural areas and provide additional wildlife corridors west of the Hansville Greenway.
- Enhance existing plantings using a variety of native trees and wetland vegetation to create natural forest and wetland areas to be enjoyed by future generations.
- Extend the continuous recreational Hansville Greenway trail system for people to enjoy well into the future.
- Involve the Hansville Community in stewardship to extend public areas, connect neighborhoods, and reduce development pressure.
Once purchased, the property will be owned by Great Peninsula Conservancy with stewardship support by the Hansville Greenway Association and community. Additional trails will be part of the Hansville Greenway network, and Kitsap County is supportive of the acquisition. Since the land was previously logged and replanted with Douglas fir, the partners will prioritize a restoration and replanting plan.
Resources and Maps