- This event has passed.
Ueland Tree Farm Walk and Talk
February 26, 2022, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Do you know what it means to be a Certified Tree Farm? Join GPC at Ueland Tree Farm on Saturday, February 26th to learn about certified tree farms and get hands-on practice using forestry tools! Forester Mark Mauren, Chief Operating Officer of Ueland Tree Farm, will provide an introduction to the Tree Farm. GPC executive director, Nate Daniel, will guide us in using forestry tools to measure age, diameter, and height of the trees we see on the trail. At the end, get a chance to take home a native tree!
When: Saturday, February 26th from 9-11am.
Details: We will walk about 2 miles along a wide logging road. Wear comfortable hiking shoes and bring a hiking pole if you use one. Bring a hand trowel, plastic bags, gardening gloves, water, waterproof layer, and your forestry questions. Shovels will be provided.
- The walk will not exceed a 2 miles.
- The terrain is along a wide logging road and has one steep section.
- Bring weather appropriate layers, a water bottle, and your best forestry questions.
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out with additional questions.
- No restrooms on site, please plan ahead.