What to expect when you volunteer with us
Please review our latest volunteer opportunities and see our safety protocols. As a volunteer with GPC, you will be supporting the stewardship of our 10,000+ acres of preserve lands. You can find a description of the work details on the specific event page.
How do I volunteer?
At this time, we require you to use the sign-up form found on our Events page. Links to the form are shared on our website, in our newsletter, and on our social media accounts. Tracking our attending volunteers helps us prepare for our stewardship activity.
Who can volunteer?
You do not need prior experience to volunteer! Our dedicated stewardship associates will guide you at the beginning of the event. Great Peninsula Conservancy welcomes and encourages the involvement from folks of all ages. Individuals whom are under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian fill out Liability Forms, and Emergency Contact Forms as needed. Youth participation at some events may require a parent or guardian.
What should I bring on the day of the event?
- A full water bottle
- Sun and rain protection
- Long sleeve shirt and pants – Dress in durable clothing that will protect you from sun and brush with a long sleeve shirt and pants.
- Durable shoes – Close-toed shoes are required. We recommend shoes that can get dirty and protect you from dirt, thorns, mud, or water.
- Gloves – We will provide gloves, but you are welcome to bring your own. We recommend leather gloves, but any gardening glove would work.
- Snacks/lunch – Depending on the length of your volunteer event, we recommend bringing snacks.
Where do I go?
Directions to the site will be provided once you are signed up.
Benefits of volunteering
- Become directly involved in land stewardship.
- Access to ecologically valuable natural spaces.
- Learn more about conservation in your community.
- Meet new friends!
- Be safe. Follow the instructions from the event leader and GPC’s safety protocol.
- Be respectful. GPC does not tolerate harassment of any kind.
- Respect the property, equipment, event leader, and fellow volunteers.
- Have fun!
For information about participating in GPC volunteer events, please visit our Events page.