What to expect when you volunteer with us
GPC is gearing up for more stewardship events in 2021! Please review our latest volunteer opportunities and see our safety protocols. As a volunteer with GPC, you will be supporting the stewardship of our 10,000+ acres of preserve lands. You can find a description of the work details on the specific event page.
How do I volunteer?
At this time, we require you to use the sign-up form found on our Events page. Links to the form are shared on our website, in our newsletter, and on our social media accounts. Tracking our attending volunteers helps us prepare for our stewardship activity.
Who can volunteer?
You do not need prior experience to volunteer! Our dedicated stewardship associates will guide you at the beginning of the event. Great Peninsula Conservancy welcomes and encourages the involvement from folks of all ages; individuals whom are under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian fill out Liability Forms, and Emergency Contact Forms as needed. Youth participation at some events may require a parent or guardian.
What should I bring on the day of the event?
- A full water bottle
- Sun and rain protection
- Long sleeve shirt and pants – Dress in durable clothing that will protect you from sun and brush with a long sleeve shirt and pants.
- Durable shoes – Close-toed shoes are best. No sandals please!
- Gloves – We will provide gloves, but you are welcome to bring your own. We recommend leather gloves, but any gardening glove would work.
- Snacks/lunch – Depending on the length of your volunteer event, we recommend bringing snacks.
- Safety glasses – We will provide safety glasses, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Where do I go?
Directions to the site will be provided once you are signed up.
Benefits of volunteering
- Access to unique, wild preserves
- Education around stewardship and conservation in your own backyard!
- Meet new friends!
- Have Fun!
- Be safe. Follow the instructions from the event leader and our safety protocol.
- GPC does not tolerate harassment of any kind.
- Respect the property, equipment, leader, and fellow volunteers.
For information about participating in GPC volunteer events, please contact:
Micaela Petrini, Stewardship Associate
Phone: (509) 481-1244